Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Does it Run in My Family?

Greg was so happy yesterday when we gave Edna (his classmate) and Susanna (Edna's mummy) a ride home. Greg and Edna were so delighted with each other's company that they held each other's hand and walked happily to the car. What a sweet pair! The three of them sat behind, chatting away and having fun. I passed some sweets to Susanna while I was driving and told Greg that he could only have one. Edna asked for another sweet when she had finished hers, and Susanna gave her. When they gave another sweet to Greg, he said, "No, I don't want. Mummy said I can only take one sweet!". Susanna was impressed and was commenting how sensible Greg was. Hmm.. I wonder if Greg is really so mature, obedient and sensible!.. though I must admit that I was "giggling" in my heart then.

Somehow, his behaviour does remind me of Edwin - Greg's oldest cousin. If you were to look at the picture below, he's that boy whose lap Greg sat on. Edwin is only 11 years old this year but I must say this young boy has always been very sensible, clever and mature. He's also Mum's favourite grandson, and the grandchild who's most affected by Mum's and Dad's demise. Hmmm... who knows, maybe being sensible is a characteristic that has been passed down in my family??..heeheehee..hope this isn't just a phase for Greg!



Picture above: It was taken at Raymond's house when we had a makan gathering. Greg's with all his cousins from my side. From left - Reuben, Raymond, Ryan/ Xian, Regine, Roy, Edwin and Greg. Greg loves this photo because it has all his cousins in it. He has enjoyed all the meet-ups with this group of cousins and the kids would usually have a wild time together. It's a no wonder that Mum and Dad loved to have the children and grandchildren down at their place. I still remember that Mum enjoyed watching the grandchildren play hide and seek at home and would laugh non-stop. Sigh.. it's a pity that Mum and Dad are no longer around. Otherwise, I believe they would love this lot of grandchildren immensely..

No comments: