Thursday, November 29, 2007

My Second Baby Has Arrived!


The day has finally arrived. I took this picture of my tummy before I went KKH to deliver my baby on Thursday at 6+am. My cervix was 3cm dilated, and my gynaecologist decided to break my waterbag. I had my epidural at about 8+am when my contractions became really unbearable. My cervix was fully dilated at about 12pm but because my baby was not in the ideal position for birth (he's facing up though head was down), the midwives put me in various positions to push the baby out while they used their hands to turn the head of the baby. It was quite tedious because I had to go through this procedure for about two hours and my epidural medicine finished at 12+pm. The midwives convinced me not to top up the medicine because I suffered quite bad side effects from epidural (e.g., vomitting, shivering) and told me that baby would be out soon. The effects wore off at about 2pm and I had a hard time managing the pain till the baby decided to come out at about 2:30pm when the gynaecologist made her way to see me. KengYong was very supportive throughout the whole process; he even "pushed" the baby out with me by timing his own breathing to coincide with mine. I also had to thank Rina, my younger sister, who took leave to help me mind Gregory while I was in the hospital. I could see that Gregory had a great time with her and Regine.

When the baby was out, KengYong and I were so amazed that he looked so so much like Gregory. See pictures below (Left: Baby. Right: Gregory at birth). Baby was 3.455kg and 52cm long. He was a lovely baby, just like Gregory two years ago. I was discharged from KKH on Friday, a day after I have given birth. I was relieved that Baby didn't have jaundice on the first day, which Greg had gone through. Both boys look so much like KengYong, and they have the same blood group as their Daddy (A+) too.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

so hv u all thot of a name for this little bb liao?? =}

Shiny Stars said...

Hei Congrats on ur 2nd bundle of joy!!!

Idy said...

Congratulations!!! Welcome to motherhood, once again :)