Friday, July 24, 2009

I Have Time to Update!


Worked so hard for clinic and my family, finally I am down with a nasty flu. Was given 2.5 days mc and i spent most of my time napping at home. I feel a lot better now, and I thought it may be a good idea to update my blog again! Hee. Above is a recent picture of my 2 boys who were dressed up for racial harmony day at their childcare.

Gareth has started childcare early this month, and he is getting more adjusted to the routined and disciplined lifestyle there now. He is 19+ months old, still very innocent and sweet. This morning, when he woke up, he held onto the front part of his diaper and went, "Shi shi, mama". I said, "You wana pass urine?" Gareth then quickly ran to the restroom, point at the toilet bowl and said, "Shishi mama, shi shi". Thinking that it's a good step to perhaps start his toilettraining, I led him to the restroom, took out his diaper to let him pass urine into the toilet bowl. He went, "No more". Haha... he has passed his urine into his diaper already. Well, good try. At least he has associated that the toilet bowl is the place one has to go to when passing urine.

Greg, as usual, very inquisitive about things around him. This time, it's about the Superheroes. He loves watching the Justice League. His favourite character is the Green Lantern - that man dressed in green with a ring on his finger that gives him power. He likes Green Lantern primarily for 2 reasons, firstly, he's impressed with the ring. Secondly, the other Superheroes called Green Lantern "G.L" in short, and Greg excitedly went, "Mummy, I am also G.L - Gregory Lim". Hahaha. Yup, he is now curious about why Superman is dressed in such a special way. First, Greg asked, "Mummy, why Superman wears his pants first before wearing his underwear?", "Does he not know how to wear clothes properly?". Then he went, "Oh... maybe he only wears underwear. Why mummy, why does Superman only wear underwear?" He has been thinking hard for the answers. Early this week, he exclaimed, "Mummy, I think I know why. Superman only wears underwear so that it's easier to fly. Pants can be quite heavy." Yesterday, he came up with another answer. He said, "Mummy, I have been thinking about it. I think I know why Superman never wear pants." Honestly speaking, I am amazed at his persistence in wanting to know the right answer. He added, "Because he does not have pants at home lo..." I really had a good laugh.

No comments: