Tuesday, October 7, 2008

What A Thing To Say!

Greg has come up with several 'funny' phrases all of the sudden and I wondered where he has learnt them from. For instance, there was once Gareth was cranky and making a lot of noise when we were having dinner outside. Greg, who was sitting beside Gareth, turned to Gareth without hesitation and said, "Don't make so much noise. You want to eat my motion is it?". I was so shocked to hear that and I told Greg that it was a very rude thing to say to his brother. There was once Greg got upset that Gareth snatched his toy. Despite the fact that I scolded Gareth and gave Greg's toy back to him, Greg said to him, "You are a very very naughty baby. I want to throw you high up into the sky and I do not want to see you anymore!" Gareth simply looked at him innocently and continued his googoogaga-ing, so Greg remained angry, with his little arms crossed. I really wondered where he has learnt those phrases from. School perhaps. From his friends I suppose.

There are times Greg is aggressive towards Gareth during play (e.g., hit Gareth with balls, push him etc) so I will try to ensure that an adult is around whenever the two of them are together. Of course there were also times Greg acted like Gareth's loving brother. When in a good mood, you may see Greg hugging/ kissing Gareth. I really wonder how they will behave towards each other when they grow up. Hopefully they have a good brotherly bond between them and that they will remain close forever.

No comments: