Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day

Dear Ma,
It's Mothers' Day again
This day brings me lots of memories and pain
Remember our surprises that brought you close to tears?
Losing you had been one of my greatest fears.

Last year this time we sprung you another surprise
I wonder if you know but so loud were our cries
Time simply flies so fast
I still find it hard to let go of the past.

I didn't understand your frustrations when I was little
I didn't know life as a mother without help can be so bitter
Now I know being a mother isn't easy
Thanks for having given me a home so warm and cozy.

I have been feeling so lost since you were gone
For your presence has always been longed
Mum, you had been my greatest hero
I really regret that I had not told you so.
Lots of Love
Na..

Mothers' Day is never the same for me, now that Mum is gone. I feel very sad when I see the Vesak Day decorations in the temple near my home. It brings me many sad memories and rekindles my fear of losing my loved one. When Dad died suddenly, I rushed down to NUH in a cab. When Mum died, I drove down quickly to SGH in the middle of the night. Both require me to travel down the tunnels. I hate the tunnels. I dislike going through it. It took me quite sometime to be able to use those two tunnels without tears. Time flies. One year has passed. Just wanna say to Mum, "I really miss you. I am sorry that I have upsetted you so many times throughout my 34 years with you. "

No comments: